When many people are in an accident, they do not know whether they need to hire a Dallas car wreck lawyer or not. They may feel that they don’t need an attorney for a number of reasons. Perhaps they see the accident as being minor and it would be too much hassle to hire an attorney. Maybe they feel that they can solve the issue on their own. While those things may be true in some isolated cases, you will find that most of the time it is highly advantageous to have an attorney working with you on the case, even if the accident did not result in any physical injuries. Here are a few of the times you should make sure you have a Dallas car wreck lawyer in your corner.
- You received physical injuries
- The vehicle damages are significant, possibly resulting in a total loss
- You find out that the accident claim will not provide enough money to cover the damages and expenses you have
- The insurance companies or the other party’s attorneys are trying to pressure you into a decision
- You are still trying to determine liability
- The other party filed a lawsuit against you
- It is taking too long to go through the claims process
- You don’t know how to go about evaluating the claim
- You feel as though others are trying to take advantage of you
In general, it is a good idea to contact a Dallas car wreck lawyer after any accident you are in, just to be on the safe side. The attorney can eliminate any confusion you have about your case and the process and give you an idea of what will happen at each step of the process. Good attorneys can also fight on your behalf to make sure you get what you deserve. Put the attorneys at Kirkendall Dwyer LLP on your side.